1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil)
1 lb. Sausage (I Used Mild Italian Pork Sausage)
1 Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
2 Medium Carrots, Chopped
6 Cups of Water
1 Large tomato, Chopped
1 Medium Zucchini, Cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Eggplant, Cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Buch of Kale, Chopped
Handful of Fresh Basil, Chopped
1 8oz. can of Tomato Sauce
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Olive Oil, for garnish
1. In a large soup pot heat the oil, onion, carrot and sausage over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. You want the veggies to soften and the meat to brown. Cook and stir for about 15-20 minutes.
2. Add 6 cups of water and stir scraping up any browned bits of loveliness that are stuck to the bottom of the pot.
3. Add the chopped tomato and bring to a boil. Once it boils, lower the heat and let it smmer for about 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
4. Add the zucchini, eggplant, kale and basil. Raise the heat a bit to keep it simmering, if needed. Cook until the veggies are tender. About 15 minutes.
5. Add tomato sauce and season with more salt and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Plate and drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the top.