This was my first time making and trying butternut squash.
I really liked it!! I think I even liked it more than sweet potatoes.
I wasn't planning on posting a recipe since it was my "trial run" so by the time I remembered to take a picture, not much was left. Oops!!
Oven-Roasted Butternut Squash
1 Butternut Squash
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tsp. Salt
Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the top and bottom of your butternut squash. Just a trim ;)
3. Slice the butternut squash right down the middle, lengthwise.
4. Using a spoon, scoop out all the seeds.
5. Peel your two butternut squash halves.
6. Cut the squash into about 1 inch pieces.
7. In a bowl, toss the squash, evoo, garlic, salt and pepper.
8. Spread evenly into a baking dish and bake for about an hour, stirring halfway through. Mine were overlapping in my baking dish quite a bit so I let them go for about an hour and 25 minutes and they were so, so perfect. You just want to make sure they're tender.